educative.io

Educative

Adding a Category not working

I was following this lesson, to add category component in my e-commerce application. I created Add Category component as suggested, but it’s not rendering. I don’t see any error in console either. not sure, what’s wrong. appreciate your help. I see my dependencies versions are different from the Lesson- not sure if that’s the problem.
here are my dependencies and devDependencies from package.json
“dependencies”: {
“axios”: “^0.27.2”,
“core-js”: “^3.8.3”,
“sweetalert”: “^2.1.2”,
“vue”: “^3.2.13”,
“vue-router”: “^4.0.3”
},
“devDependencies”: {
@babel/core”: “^7.12.16”,
@babel/eslint-parser”: “^7.12.16”,
@vue/cli-plugin-babel”: “~5.0.0”,
@vue/cli-plugin-eslint”: “~5.0.0”,
@vue/cli-plugin-router”: “~5.0.0”,
@vue/cli-service”: “~5.0.0”,
“eslint”: “^7.32.0”,
“eslint-plugin-vue”: “^8.0.3”
},

Course: Develop an E-Commerce App Using Java, Spring Boot and Vue.js - Learn Interactively
Lesson: Building the UI for Category API: Adding a Category - Develop an E-Commerce App Using Java, Spring Boot and Vue.js

nvm, it’s rendering now. Problem was with the route setup for this component. it was error on my part not the lesson. Thanks

Course: Develop an E-Commerce App Using Java, Spring Boot and Vue.js - Learn Interactively
Lesson: Building the UI for Category API: Displaying the Categories - Develop an E-Commerce App Using Java, Spring Boot and Vue.js

Hi Alpesh_Doshi,
Yeah, sometimes it happens when we are setting up our environment. But it’s really good that you have solved at your own.

I am also having the same problem, the AddCategory.vue is not rendering in my local environment. Can you please help

Hi Selvarasu_Perumal- check your route configuration for this component. I had problem with configuration because of which it wasn’t rendering.