educative.io

Different type of modelling discussed in course can be achieved using database

Hi,

I am very new to all this modelling techiniques discussed in course. We used to design modelling techinique at database level. My very basic question is why do we need to implement all this modelling technique at program level . Can u please let me know in which use case this kind of programming is required in project ??? Is it just to make program be database independent or anything else.

Course: Software Architecture in Java: Design & Development - Learn Interactively
Lesson: Add Spring OODD Project to the Server - Software Architecture in Java: Design & Development

Hi macmukesh,
Modeling helps define, analyze, and transfer programming concepts to users. And this Framework is a robust, feature-rich, well-designed framework for the Java platform. It provides a selection of setup and programming models to accelerate and simplify the creation of solid and testable Java applications.
I hope you get your answer. Please let me know if you have any further confusion.
Thank you

@macmukesh If you need to store data in an application, you need a data model to store it. It may be key-value, document-oriented, wide-column and so on, depending on your requirements. Different databases support different data models. You model the database and connect it with your application via a persistence framework to store and read data.