educative.io

The graphs for consistent and inconsistent states are backwards, right?

In Fault Tolerance - Grokking Modern System Design for Software Engineers & Managers

Course: Grokking Modern System Design for Software Engineers & Managers - Learn Interactively
Lesson: Fault Tolerance - Grokking Modern System Design for Software Engineers & Managers

Hi @Andres_Parra

Can you please clarify the term “backwards”?

I would better be able to answer your query if you clarify this term.

Yes. I mean the illustrations regarding consistent and inconsistent state. In the INCONSISTENT state description it says “Process i will have a message (m1_11​) and Process j will have no record of message sending.” I’m not sure but I believe that’s what showing the CONSISTENT state illustration.
Thanks.

It seems confusing when mapping the explaination to diagram. Either text needs updation or diagram.

For reference, i think it’s explained correctly here Consistent and inconsistent states. Educative folks should consider putting this in main content.

This Fault Tolerance page is really confusing.
Consistent and Inconsistent diagrams seems are switched. Either the titles are wrong or I am not able to understand anything here. Clearly this page needs more explanation.

Hi Swapnil.

We appreciate your feedback. You are right that the clarity of this section could be improved. We have since updated this part of the lesson.

If you have any further queries, feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you.