educative.io

When using Jquery with my web site it does not work. Do I need to get the specific route from my web provider?

When using Jquery with my web site it does not work. Do I need to get the specific route from my web provider?

Hi Shaigh,

This is Mishaal from Educative. Thank you for writing to us.

There are several ways to start using jQuery on your web site. You can:

• Download the jQuery library from jQuery.com
  • Include jQuery from a CDN, like Google

The following two types of jQuery versions are available for you to download, you can choose either one as you deem fit:

• Production version - for live websites - it has been minified and compressed
  • Development version - for testing and development (non-minified/uncompressed and readable code)

You can download either of these versions from jQuery.com.

The jQuery library is a single JavaScript file, and you reference it with the HTML <script> tag (notice that the <script> tag should be inside the <head> section):

<head>
    <script src="jquery-3.5.2.min.js"</script>
    </head>

Please be sure to place the downloaded jQuery file in the same directory as the pages where you want to use it.

In case you don’t want to download and host jQuery yourself, and are looking for an alternate solution, you can include it from a CDN (Content Delivery Network).

Google is an example of someone who host jQuery:

Google CDN:

<head>
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.2/jquery.min.js"</script>
    <head>

Hope this helps answer your concern. Please feel free to write to us again in case of further feedback or concerns.

Best,
Mishaal
Developer Advocate | Educative.io

1 Like