educative.io

World Wide Web Vs. Internet?

I was stuck on this question on the first quiz of primer for web developers. I know it’s a simple question but what’s the different between world wide web and the internet? I answered they are the same and I got incorrect. Please exaplain as i’m new to this?

Explain to me like i’m a 5 years old.

Using the explanation given on BBC UK, the world wide web, or web for short, are the pages you see when you’re on a device and you’re online.

But the internet is the network of connected computers that the web works on, as well as what emails and files travel across.

Think of the internet as the roads that connect towns and cities together. The world wide web contains the things you see on the roads like houses and shops.

And the vehicles are the data moving around - some go between websites and others will be transferring your emails or files across the internet, separately from the web.

The world wide web are the pages or websites you see when you’re on a device and surfing online. But the internet is the network of connected computers that the web works on.

The World Wide Web is one of the many applications built on top of the internet.

If I try to explain it to you on a very basic level then
If the Internet is a series of networks, the Web is your portal to accessing those networks__ the Internet’s connections consist of computers and cables, the Web’s connections are hypertext links, or, a name for all the information you can access online.