educative.io

404 errror is displaying after call in spring

Link](GitHub - gunavardhan12/tennis-player-web)
I have some doubt in my code. while practicing i am facing issues like 404 error. I have done as it is in the course but still i am getting error.

Course: https://www.educative.io/collection/5352985413550080/4785082259734528
Lesson: https://www.educative.io/collection/page/5352985413550080/4785082259734528/4785500473262080

Hi @Kothagattu_Gunavardh!!
It seems like you’re facing a 404 error when trying to access your Spring MVC application. This error typically indicates that the server cannot find the requested resource. Here are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check URL Mapping:
    Ensure that the URL mappings in your Spring MVC application are correctly configured. If you’re trying to access a specific page or controller method, make sure that the URL path matches the mapping defined in your controller.

2. Verify Controller Mapping:
    Check that your controller classes are correctly annotated with @Controller or @RestController, and that the methods are mapped with @RequestMapping or other appropriate annotations.

3. Check Deployment Configuration:
    Ensure that your application is deployed correctly and that all necessary dependencies and configuration files are included. Double-check your web.xml or any other deployment descriptor to make sure it’s correctly configured.

4. Check Server Logs:
    Look at the server logs (e.g., Tomcat logs) to see if there are any errors or exceptions reported that might give you clues about what’s going wrong. Sometimes the logs can provide valuable information about the cause of the 404 error.

5. Verify Application Context:
    If you’re using annotations-based configuration, make sure that your Spring application context is being scanned properly. Check that your @ComponentScan annotation (if used) includes the package where your controllers are located.

6. Check URL in Browser:
    Double-check the URL you’re trying to access in the browser. Make sure it matches the URL mapping configured in your application.

7. Inspect Network Requests:
    Use browser developer tools to inspect network requests and responses. This can help you identify any issues with the request or response, such as incorrect URLs or server errors.

8. Try Different Browsers:
    Sometimes browser caching or other browser-specific issues can cause problems. Try accessing your application from a different browser or clearing your browser cache.

By going through these steps and carefully checking your application configuration, mappings, and server logs, you should be able to identify and resolve the cause of the 404 error. If you’re still encountering issues, feel free to provide more details or error messages for further assistance.
Happy Learning :blush: