Feedback for Grokking Coding Interview Patterns in Java

This course is unnecessarily convoluted. The solutions are confusing. There are too many print statement. The multiple class files are not needed. All the classes can be in one file to increase readability. Please keep the previous version of this course " Grokking the Coding Interview: Patterns for Coding Questions" it is much better than this new replacement.

Hey, @jonathan_fils-aime!
I hope you’re doing great. Thanks for pointing this out. We appreciate your comment.
You can comment there if you are facing any difficulties with any solution. We are always ready for your support. Over time, solutions are becoming precise that why we have updated this course per market trends.
We hope Educative has inspired you to further your learning. :blush:

I tend to agree with Jonathan on this one.
I think it would be better at this stage if it was given the possibility to long time subscribers to still browse the old version.
It’s cool that new examples have been added for one pattern, however:

• as Jonathan says sometimes the solutions are confusing;
  • multiple class files are not needed;
  • for too many exercises only the recursive solution is provided which in many cases is not what is asked for senior engineer roles, hence I think you should provide also an iterative solution.
    Heads-up on recursion: many times the interviewer is an engineer like us who has not been coding these kind of exercises himself for a while. He won’t get the recursive solution even if you explain him how recursion works (this happened to me with an interview for a well known bank).
    This trend was confirmed also by the HM of the company which provides services to this bank, he told me not to use recursion when I solve the tech challenge.

Hey @Davide_Pugliese,

I hope you are doing well.

I understand that you may feel that the current version of the “Coding Interview Patterns in Java” contains a lot of files and printing. However, we believe that dividing multiple classes into different files increases readability. The printing makes sure that the customers get to see how every step of the code executes. We wanted this course to be for everyone and wanted to make it easy to understand.

We have tried our best to provide the customers with the optimal solutions of the problems. Many problems have time-efficient solutions provided, which are sometimes difficult to understand. In order to keep the difficulty level of the course moderate, we have used recursion.

As always, we appreciate our valued users reaching out to us. Therefore, please write to us if you have any further queries, concerns, or suggestions in general.

We hope you enjoy your experience with us at Educative! Happy learning!