educative.io

I was going through CDN intro and I am confused by this statement

Please can someone explain this whole paragraph:

Data Intensive application:
Since the path to the data includes only the ISP and the nearby CDN components, there’s no issue in serving a large number of users through a few CDN components in a specific area. As shown below, the origin data center will have to provide the data to local CDN components only once, whereas local CDN components can provide data to different users individually. No user will have to download their own copy of data from the origin servers.

This paragraph is trying to answer the question, what cdn is solving.

Hi Rahul.

CDN allows quicker data transfer from the service to the user. This happens in the following steps.

1. CDN gets its content from the origin server.

2. The client requests content from the nearest CDN routed through their ISP, and the CDN delivers the data.

3. Whenever content is updated or changed on the origin server, the CDN content is updated accordingly.

CDN solves the problem of slow load/transfer time at the client end by being physically closer to the client. There are also less apparent advantages like improved load distribution and higher availability.

I hope that clears up the confusion. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you.