educative.io

Let writing from right and appear in page from direction right

hi, i want write posts in arabic and change the direction from L to R ,i did it in html code but no affect in the page so if there any way to do that from particular file?
thanks

Course: Launching a Personal Website Using R - Learn Interactively
Lesson: Configure Website Pages and Features - Launching a Personal Website Using R

Hi @ayman !!
To change the text direction from left-to-right (LTR) to right-to-left (RTL) for Arabic text in HTML, you can use the dir attribute. However, if the changes you made in the HTML code are not reflecting on the page, it could be due to various reasons such as conflicting CSS styles or incorrect implementation.

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot and ensure the proper display of Arabic text with RTL direction:

1. Check the HTML doctype: Make sure your HTML document has the correct doctype declaration at the beginning, such as <!DOCTYPE html>. This ensures that the browser interprets the document correctly.

2. Set the language attribute: Include the lang attribute in the opening <html> tag to specify the language. For Arabic, you can use lang="ar".

3. Apply the dir attribute: For elements containing Arabic text, add the dir="rtl" attribute. This specifies the right-to-left direction for the text.

4. Check for conflicting CSS styles: If you have CSS styles applied to the elements containing the Arabic text, ensure that there are no conflicting styles that override the direction settings. Inspect the CSS styles applied to the elements and make adjustments if necessary.
    Here’s a simple example of how you can use the dir attribute to set the text direction to right-to-left (RTL) for Arabic text in HTML:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="ar">
<body>
    <p dir="rtl">مرحبا بك في موقعنا!</p>
</body>
</html>

In this example, the <html> tag has the lang attribute set to “ar” for Arabic language. The <p> tag contains the Arabic text, and the dir attribute is set to “rtl” to specify the right-to-left text direction for that paragraph.
I hope it helps. Happy Learning :blush:

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much, yes i see in scss using rtl and ltr but your last note is solve the problem.
thank you again

1 Like