educative.io

Tests are unhelpful

these tests are absolute bs. won’t even let me see the console after i run the code and only shows a 'succeeded ’ msg ??? and i have ran my codes on diffeent IDE and they all worked but according to this site you apparantly wont pass if you dont submit the exact same answere as given in the solution

Course: Learn Python 3 from Scratch - Free Interactive Course
Lesson: Exercise: The Factorial! - Learn Python 3 from Scratch

Hi @s_h,
Thanks for providing us with feedback. Let me give you a working overview of Tests on our platform.

In the “Test” phase of a playground, it does not work like a normal IDE. The provided IDE is to implement the required code. You cannot run and check that code like a normal IDE. These testing environments have multiple test cases coded in the background. These test cases call the implemented function and check the output. If the actual output matches the expected output, the test is considered a “pass”; and “fail” otherwise. Later, the output of the test is displayed.

For the console part, it shows the console print you wrote in the function. For this specific lesson, if you write any print statement, the console will show the output log upon the execution of the print statement during the function calls from the defined test cases.

I hope you got the working of the testing environment of our platform. You can execute the code normally with other playgrounds that display the “Run” button.

If you have any other queries, feel free to reach us. Thanks.

1 Like