educative.io

Why was the choice made to change the BOTEC RPS to 64000 from 8000? Also where can I see when a course gets updated and what has been updated?

Why was the choice made to change the BOTEC RPS to 64000 from 8000?

Also where can I see when a course gets updated and what has been updated? I have been working through this course for a while now and realized the RPS estimates jumped drastically, I would like to know when the course is updated and what are the updates, is there a way to find this information?

Hi Albaraa_AI_Hiyari,

Thanks for noticing the change. As we have discussed in the course earlier on, the notion of BOTEC calculations is based on estimates. Technology is a moving target and with time, the capabilities of servers, networks, processors, and user skill-sets are all bound to evolve.

Based on recent calculations, we have estimated the 64K figure to be a better representative of RPS than the previous figure.

That said, however, the key idea behind the concept in the course is to ensure that the learner is aware of how to do BOTEC and that certainly doesn’t change with a particular value. In case of interview prep, the suggested number can also be asked from the interviewer or a generic constant value can also be used.

As always, we remain dedicated to continuous improvement and providing the best possible experience for our users. To convey such changes to our esteemed learners timely, we’ve requested a feature from our dev team, which will be incorporated soon.

Thank you,